Current Openings are Posted at the bottom of the HOME page.
All candidates are subject to a hiring process which may include, but is not limited to,Recruitment Application - Click to Download
- Tactical assessments with scene size-up, strategy and tactic selection, incident command, and scene safety considerations.
- Interviews to include value and character exercises and judgment assessments.
- In-box prioritization assessments to include the prioritization of emergency and non-emergent activities assigned.
- Role play assessments to include reaction and judgment exercises and community interaction.
- Written assignments to include community and incident document creation & review.
- Written examinations
- Criminal background checks
- Driving record history
- Drug testing
- Physical agility testing
Applications are accepted at the time of opening, so please check back often.
Full-Time, Part-Time Firefighter Requirements
To be eligible for employment, an applicant must have (at minimum):
- Current valid driver’s license and be able to obtain/maintain a Colorado driver’s license within 30 days of hire
- Current Colorado EMT-Basic certification or higher
- Current accredited Fire Fighter I certification or higher
- Current accredited HazMat Operations certification or higher
Within one year of employment, firefighters must obtain:
- Current accredited Fire Fighter II certification
- Current Colorado recognized EMT-B IV certification
- Current accredited Driver/Operator-Utility certification
- NWCG approved S130/190 Wildland Fire Fighter with current Red Card-Arduous
Further eligibility requirements are documented in the job description at the time of position opening.
Driver/Engineer, Company Officer & Chief Officers
Eligibility requirements for Driver/Engineer, Company Officer (Lieutenant & Captain) and Chief Officer (Division Chief, Deputy Fire Chief & Fire Chief) positions are posted at the time of position opening. Further information can be obtained at the Cimarron Hills Fire Headquarters facility.